I know that I am supposed to drink water, but I really don't like it. I don't like the flavor and it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to give up my soda, but at the same time I want to get healthier. Is there something else I can drink instead of water? Thank you for any advice on this.
First of all, if water is making your stomach sick then you may want to go see a doctor. More than likely, it is a mental thing since you have quite an aversion to it.
If you do not want to give up your soda then don't. Is soda good for you? No. But you have to want to give it up, no one can force you to do it. This does not mean that you should drink it all day. Start by cutting the amount you are drinking in half and drinking water the rest of the time.
The most important thing here is to get you to a place where you are good with drinking water. Test out these different ways that you may be able to enjoy water more. Many people have their specific ways they like water. Let's look at a few things you can test out:
- Drink it cold with ice. I know this is very simplistic, but many people who do not like water find themselves enjoying it more with just this simple step.
- Mix your water with a splash of juice like orange or cranberry (do not use a lot of juice because you do not want a lot of extra sugar).
- Drink fizzy or mineral water (the unsweetened kind, then if needed add a splash of juice to it like I said above).
- Steep some herbal tea, then chill and drink. Just make sure that you are drinking a tea that does not have a diuretic property to it.
- Add cucumber or strawberries or another kind of fruit to a filled water container and let sit in the fridge overnight. This will taste like the fancy spa water people get when being pampered.
- Add some crushed mint and squeeze some lime into some mineral water to make a virgin mojito!
- Add a cinnamon stick and a slash of apple juice to a filled water jug and let sit overnight. For a stronger cinnamon flavor, use hot water and let the mixture sit out for an hour or so before putting it in the refrigerator.
These are just a few of the ideas you can test out. Get creative! If you have a drink you like, see if you can add that flavor to some water. If you absolutely must have your drink sweet, you can put a small amount of honey (raw and local honey) or Stevia in any of the mixtures. Test them all out without sweetener first since that would be the best option. Enjoy exploring the more interesting side of water!
LIVE FULL OUT!