Chocolate Yogurt Truffles
When life says you can not have chocolate truffles anymore, you reply "just watch me" and then you wonder why life is talking to you out loud. This is a lighter healthier version of a chocolate truffle. This truffle has a tartness to it from the yogurt and is much lower in calories than a normal truffle, plus the Greek yogurt has some great health benefits as well. I will not pretend that it is exactly like a normal chocolate truffle, but if you want a healthier version, this is a tasty way to do it.
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp coco powder
- 1/2 Cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp stevia
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat up 2 Tbsp coconut oil. Take off of the heat and whisk 3 tbsp cocoa powder with 1/2 tsp stevia. If the chocolate starts to thicken and clump then add a little more coconut oil to it.
- Use a candy mold or mini muffin pan. Pour the chocolate evenly into each mold. Set in the freezer and let harden.
- Mix the yogurt, 1tsp stevia and 1/2 cup of coco. Put the yogurt mixture into a zip lock bag and cut the corner off so you can easily squeeze the filling into the molds or use a piping bag.
- Squeeze some chocolate filling into each mold. Leave enough room around the edges so that when you pour the chocolate over the top it will fill around the edges as well.
- Heat up 2 Tbsp coconut oil. Take off of the heat and whisk 3 tbsp cocoa powder with 1/2 tsp stevia.
- Pour the chocolate evenly into each mold. If you run out of chocolate to finish all the truffles, just make one more batch of chocolate, (this really depends on how much room is left around the filling). Set in the freezer and let harden.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat, these melt easily.
Makes about 20 truffles at 25 calories each